Assemblage cooking is based on the preparation of recipes with pre-prepared food as the main ingredient.
These ingredients are reserved to make way for new dishes, only requiring additional ingredients to adjust the taste and presentation.
In the foodservice sector, assembly cooking is considered an excellent option for your business.
The adoption of this business model shows the versatility of preparing excellent dishes with two types of ingredients: processed and fresh food.
The goal? The same as all cooking: to satisfy the palate of diners.
Join us during this gastronomic adventure to learn a little more about assembly cuisine and how you can implement it for better results in your restaurant.
¿Qué encontrarás en este artículo?
- 1 What is assembly cuisine
- 2 What is this?
- 3 Objectives of the assembly kitchen
- 4 Assembly kitchen features
- 5 Process of elaboration
- 6 Advantages of assembly
- 7 Recommendations for food handling in the assembly kitchen
- 8 Monouso and the assembly kitchen
What is assembly cuisine
Assembled cuisine is a new trend in the restaurant industry that uses pre-prepared and pre-cooked convenience products to prepare new dishes.
In other words, ready-made products are used to obtain recipes of high quality and excellent taste.
The person in charge of developing techniques, designed and intended for the elaboration of innovative recipes from prepared bases, is known as a restaurateur.
The assemblage cuisine is a gastronomic concept that gives way to the creative practice of preparations. With the advantage of obtaining delicious dishes in a short time and offering the best to your guests.
It is also important to ensure the use of fresh and quality ingredients from your supplier. This way, you will have the opportunity to provide the necessary sanitary guarantees and present an excellent dish for visitors to enjoy.
What is this?
For the preparation of recipes in the assembly kitchen it is necessary to have fourth and fifth range foods. They will be the basis of this innovative gastronomic formula.
The fourth and fifth range foods are widely used. Their aim is to facilitate the elaboration process of the new gastronomic proposals that your clients will be able to enjoy.
Pre-prepared convenience foods
Among these products we can mention vegetables. Suppliers select the freshest and best looking vegetables to bring to their customers.
In the restaurant, they are washed, cut and packaged for consumption, either directly (raw) or after cooking.
Convenience foods are processed, cooked, packaged and frozen foods, which only require pre-heating before serving.
In general, in the assembly kitchen, convenience foods are used as a base for the preparation of new gastronomic proposals that the restaurateur will complete with his personal touch.
Objectives of the assembly kitchen
The objectives handled in the assembly kitchen are diverse.
In principle, standardisation processes are involved to ensure cost-effective operations and sanitary guarantees, each targeting specific objectives within your restaurant.
Among the most relevant objectives are:
- To facilitate the preparation of recipes.
- Maintain the nutritional values of the food.
- To generate actions that reduce direct labour and manufacturing costs.
- To ensure quality standards.
- Promote innovation and the creation of new dishes.
- Explore the combination of new flavours and textures.
- Serve technically complex dishes in a short time.
Assembly kitchen features
As we have told you, assembly cooking is characterised by the preparation of food with bases that have just been prepared or prepared in advance.
This type of cuisine seeks to promote the fusion of new ingredients to create attractive gastronomic proposals.
In this proposal, quality is a fundamental aspect, as well as the handling and preservation of food in optimal conditions.
Labels with instructions for use and expiry date must be placed on containers that are ready to be refrigerated or frozen.
Process of elaboration
The assembly kitchen production process involves defined processes that are step-by-step, very methodical and standardised.
Its operation depends on a number of factors which will be mentioned below:
It starts with the reception of the product, which goes through a cleaning and storage process that will separate the food from the waste.
Then, the products are stored and the necessary raw material is chosen to prepare the mise en place that gives way to the previous process of food elaboration.
The waste is taken to the waste store for disposal at the end of the day.
Continuing with the preparation process, the raw material is prepared using additional ingredients used to complete the presentation of the dish and the leftovers are removed.
After finishing the process of elaboration of the bases, all surfaces and implements used are sanitised. In addition, the resulting waste is deposited in the waste store.
Advantages of assembly
The assembly kitchen is a resource widely used nowadays by prestigious restaurants and large restaurant chains due to the advantages it offers. Among them we can mention:
- Reduction in food handling.
- Reduced risk of contamination.
- Ease in the use of raw materials for the preparation of new recipes.
- Savings in the time it takes to prepare dishes.
- Decrease in wastage and waste.
- Reduction in raw material costs.
- Facilitating the work of the restaurateur or cook.
- Achieve greater environmental sustainability.
- To provide high quality products.
Recommendations for food handling in the assembly kitchen
Food handling in the assembly kitchen has some critical points in terms of food safety, so it is very important to check the packaging, labelling and storage of food.
Among the recommendations for food handling in the assembly kitchen we have:
- Take care of food hygiene. This will prevent the spread of bacteria that can cause food-borne infections.
- Check the temperature to ensure that food is preserved properly.
- Avoid cross-contamination by separating raw food from cooked food.
- Freeze and thaw food properly. It is important to consider the type of packaging and portion size, and to bear in mind that once thawed the food must be prepared.
- Use appropriate packaging for storing food. These containers should be airtight, so glass containers are recommended.
- Regularly check refrigerators and freezers to ensure that they are in optimal working order.
Monouso and the assembly kitchen
In addition to providing you with original and on-trend content about the world of hospitality and catering, Monouso aims to provide the necessary support to businesses in this sector to support their growth.
We aim to deliver through the marketing of high quality products, outstanding design and unbeatable prices.
In the case of the assembly kitchen, it is necessary to have the necessary containers to reserve, store or freeze the base products of your preparations.
Success in assembly cooking is achieved by offering the diner an unforgettable culinary experience by starting with food that serves as a base to complete creative, healthy and memorable recipes.
Are you ready to implement assembly cuisine in your restaurant? Give it a try!