There are different ways to measure the success of a business. The simplest is profitability, but the most demanding focus on customer loyalty, a step that goes beyond sales.
Loyalty is the result of customer satisfaction, ensuring loyalty and preference. You will always be the first choice when it comes to meeting their needs. Who doesn’t want that to happen?
With customer loyalty you get an emotional bond that not only maintains the customer relationship with the brand, but also allows you to maintain sales.
Let’s learn a little more about customer loyalty, with the aim of understanding its importance in the restaurant world and why you should work to achieve it.
¿Qué encontrarás en este artículo?
Customer Loyalty: Degrees
Taking advantage of opportunities, even when these represent a disadvantage, is a positive aspect in customer loyalty.
Every opportunity can lead to building a relationship of trust. For example, what starts out as a complaint could turn into customer loyalty. This will depend on how you approach the problem and the right way to deal with it and solve it.
But you will not achieve loyalty just by resolving a customer’s dissatisfaction. In fact, it is one of the most precious and difficult states to reach.
We said difficult, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. Different brands, in any market segment, manage to penetrate the audience and manage to build an army of followers and defenders of their proposal.
In order for you to start working on customer loyalty and understand a little more the different degrees of loyalty, we are going to detail them below:
Loyalty at a basic level
Applicable to customers who make purchases sporadically.
At this level, customers make the purchase, but do not manage to establish a relationship that generates an unbreakable bond. You are the first option, but they are open to experiment with other restaurants.
Customer loyalty at a reactive level
The relationship with the client at this level is closer. It admits suggestions, complaints and opinions about the product or service.
This information is obtained through satisfaction surveys, which allow the approach to the customer in response to customer needs.
Loyalty at a proactive level
At the proactive level, actions are developed to promote the process of customer loyalty.
Some of the actions that are implemented in this level of loyalty are
- Informing the client about the launch of new products or services available, as well as promotions and improvements in performance.
- Go one step ahead of the client by having a solution to any inconvenience.
- Maintain a close relationship by remembering important dates for the customer.
- Send invitations for presentations or special events, to maintain direct contact with the client.
Loyalty at partner level
This is the highest level of loyalty. Here the client collaborates with the company to create a loyalty system that allows to identify the causes of the desertion and to reorient the strategies to obtain a faithful clientele.
Among the actions to be developed at the partner loyalty level we have:
- To propose an attractive access margin so that the client can acquire the products and services.
- Decrease errors caused by the lack of knowledge of customer needs.
- Maintain the loyalty of customers who are considered frequent buyers.
- Reduce the costs of maintaining operations within the company, improving the attention of new customers by encouraging them to acquire the products or services they offer.
Keys to achieving customer loyalty
Here are six keys for you to start on the road to customer loyalty.
Remember that these are ideas that you must develop and adapt to your target audience, restaurant style and even the location where you are. It is not adapting your vision to the customer’s need, it is adapting your business to the customer’s need.
Let’s see what the keys are to building customer loyalty:
- To have an adequate knowledge of the client that allows us to know what their expectations and needs are. In this way we will have the necessary tools to offer them better attention.
- To know completely the product or service that is offered in order to provide better advice to customers seeking to meet their needs. Insecurity is perceived and generates doubts about quality.
- Learn from customers by emphasizing personalized attention that guarantees exclusive attention to each customer. Be prepared to listen and respond to them.
- To offer a valuable service that makes the difference and represents an advantage for the customers.
- To maintain the quality in the service that involves the client in the search of solutions by means of a mutual management that allows to satisfy the necessities of the client through a quality attention.
- Reward customer loyalty through an exclusive customer service that provides advice and support to customers when required to solve problems or raise concerns.
You already have the keys to start building customer loyalty. Now hold a meeting with your team and establish a plan to achieve that precious status with most of your customers.