It is very important to have a healthy and balanced diet, so what if you could make healthy desserts? We’re not talking about tasteless sweets, but healthy and delicious desserts that have nothing to envy from the calorie-laden ones
Healthy desserts are a phenomenal alternative to the high amounts of fats, flours and sugars that tend to make up these foods. Take a look at the healthy and easy-to-prepare desserts we propose for you to serve to your customers, as well as the ingredients you should include in them.
¿Qué encontrarás en este artículo?
- Desserts that aren’t healthy and you thought they were
- Desserts that control your appetite
- Healthy dessert recipes for all ages
- Serving plates for your healthy desserts
Desserts that aren’t healthy and you thought they were
If the customer wants to indulge in a sweet treat, there are many desserts to please the palate, but keep in mind that not all desserts are as healthy as we think. Here are the options that look healthy on your menu, but are not.
Dessert recipes that are considered healthy contain vegetables or fruits such as pumpkin, carrots or berries. What is overlooked in these recipes is that they are high in butter, flour, sugar, chocolate, cream cheese and oil. The benefit of the fruits or vegetables is minimised by the presence of the other ingredients used to bake the cake.
Biscuits are also an unhealthy dessert alternative if the wrong ingredients are used . Biscuits that contain large amounts of sugar, butter or sweeteners are not healthy desserts
Opt for biscuit recipes with low amounts of these products or use substitutes that keep them looking and tasting like healthy sweets.
Creams, such as cocoa cream, do not meet the characteristics of a healthy dessert. On the contrary, they are made with a high content of palm oil or sugars and it should be noted that both sugar and sweetener are harmful to health
If you are going to use creams in your healthy dessert recipes, make sure they are prepared by the chefs to ensure that the measurements of the ingredients are controlled.
Desserts that control your appetite
Here is a list of desserts that are healthy, quick and satisfying to your appetite. These products have healthy sugars or sugars in the right proportions, so that you can enjoy desserts while respecting the proper functioning of your body
Peanut butter is a healthy sweet, which provides benefits to the consumer due to its high energy content and a pleasant sweet taste that satisfies hunger. Although it contains sugar and fat among its ingredients, it is a healthy and versatile product. It is an ideal food for spreading and combining with other products such as chocolate, vanilla, jams, coconut or spices.
Chocolate with a high cocoa content
Healthy desserts can also be made with chocolate, as long as it has a high cocoa content. This is because the more cocoa the chocolate is made with, the less fat or sugar it contains.
Buy chocolates that contain between 50% and 90% cocoa. Although it is a bitter chocolate, you can combine it with other products or spices to lighten its flavour.
Fresh or dried fruit
Dried or ripe fruits give the same feeling of satiety as a product with a high sugar content and are healthier. Products such as dates or bananas are often used as sugar substitutes in baking to make healthy desserts.
Dried fruit? With yoghurt too
Within your healthy dessert menu options, swap sweetened yoghurts for plain yog hurts. To compensate for the sugars you have eliminated, offer your customers to eat it with fruit slices or nuts
The sweet taste of sweet potato
Sweet potato is a versatile product for making healthy sweets. Over the years, it has been integrated into the world of confectionery, being an ideal ingredient for making cakes or pancakes. This tuber has a characteristic sweet taste, which satisfies the hunger of those who eat it in any of its presentations
Healthy dessert recipes for all ages
Healthy desserts do not have an ideal client, they are perfect to eat at any time of the day, without remorse. Here are some healthy and easy-to-prepare desserts that are low in fat and sugar.
Muesli cake with carrots
Muesli cake with carrots is a healthy dessert, ideal for people who are lactose intolerant or do not consume sugars.
You need 120 grams of oats, 50 grams of sultanas, 500 millilitres of soya milk, 150 grams of grated carrot, 50 grams of almonds, one tablespoon of lemon juice, two teaspoons of sesame seeds, water, salt, yoghurt and olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Take a pan and place it on low heat to cook the carrot with a teaspoon of olive oil for 15 minutes
- Be sure to stir and add a little water if it is about to stick. Once cooked, place in a bowl and mix with the oats, almonds and sultanas
- Use another pan to heat the milk with a pinch of salt. Before it boils, add all the ingredients.
- Grease a baking dish, pour in the mixture and add the sesame seeds as a topping
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Wait for it to cool before unmoulding and cutting.
- Finally, make a sauce with almond yoghurt, lemon juice and a tablespoon of olive oil to decorate.
Light apple flan
Light apple flan is a healthy sweet proposal, once you try it you won’t be able to stop making it. It’s delicious!
The ingredients you will need include four apples, a cinnamon stick, 150 millilitres of skimmed milk, a lemon, three eggs and 150 grams of sugar.
- Use a saucepan to make the caramel. Add 75 grams of sugar, half a glass of water and a few drops of lemon juice. Wait for the caramel to cook and serve it in custard cups.
- Start making an apple puree. Peel the apples and sprinkle them with lemon juice and cook them with four tablespoons of water until they become puree.
- Place the skimmed milk, cinnamon and lemon peel in a saucepan over low heat. Bring to the boil, remove from the heat, wait for it to cool and filter.
- Mix the milk with the applesauce, eggs and sugar. Pour the mixture into the custard tins and bake in a bain-marie in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 45 minutes.
If you are lactose intolerant but want to eat yoghurt, there is an ideal alternative for you. Soy yoghurt is an ideal substitute for this delicious dessert.
To make it, you need three soy yoghurts, two tablespoons of brown sugar, 120 grams of oat flakes, four tablespoons of honey, two persimmons, three eggs, one pomegranate and lemon juice.
- Start by separating the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with the tablespoons of sugar and two tablespoons of honey. Add the yoghurt and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add to the rest of the mixture. Serve in moulds and keep in the freezer for three hours.
- Wash the persimmons and pomegranate. Cut into cubes, place in a small bowl and add the juice of half a lemon.
- When the yoghurts are ready, remove from the refrigerator and place the fruit on top. Finally, add the honey and it’s ready to eat.
Nut brownies are another healthy and easy dessert alternative.
To make them you need 100 grams of butter, 300 grams of dark chocolate, three eggs, 200 grams of natural fructose, 30 grams of cocoa, nuts and 60 grams of flour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. In a bowl, whisk the melted chocolate with the butter.
- In another bowl, stir the eggs with the 200 grams of fructose until it thickens. Once ready, add the chocolate mixture and integrate the ingredients. Finally, stir in the flour and cocoa to make the brownie mixture.
- Grease the baking tin, pour in the mixture and spread along the surface. Top with nuts to taste and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven, allow to cool and turn out to serve as desired.
Spelt flour pancakes
Spelt flour pancakes are simple to prepare and satisfy hunger with just a couple of them.
The recipe contains 250 grams of spelt flour, two eggs, salt, optional sugar, 500 grams of milk and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until they are fully integrated. Let the dough rest for 30 minutes and then use.
- Grease the pan in which you will prepare the pancakes and add a large spoonful of batter, spreading it to cover the entire surface. When it starts to brown, turn the pancake over to cook the other side and serve on a plate.
- Serve the crepes with peanut butter, homemade cocoa butter or fruit pieces.
Healthy ice cream
If you want to make a healthy ice cream you need plain Greek yoghurt, cocoa powder, frozen banana, cinnamon and peanut butter.
- To start making the ice cream, place the frozen banana in a blender and mash until creamy. Add the remaining ingredients, blend to a smooth consistency, serve in a covered container and freeze.
- If you want to use any other yoghurt, that’s fine, but Greek yoghurt is preferable so that your healthy treat is creamy.
- To decorate the ice cream, add toppings such as cinnamon, dark chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts or peanut butter.
Crème de cacao as a healthy dessert
If you want to use cocoa cream, remember to use a homemade one for healthy desserts.
To make your own cocoa cream you need 150 millilitres of semi-skimmed milk, 120 grams of unsalted roasted hazelnuts, six dates, one teaspoon of coconut oil and three tablespoons of cocoa powder.
- Using a blender, blend the 120 grams of hazelnuts until the oil comes out . In the meantime, let the dates soak in the milk.
- Once they are crushed, add all the ingredients and mix until you obtain a homogeneous cocoa cream
Oatmeal biscuits are a healthy dessert that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and time to make. You only need 60 grams of oatmeal, two bananas and toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In the meantime, take a bowl and mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the oatmeal, add the toppings of your choice and mix to make the balls with the mixture.
- Place the balls on a tray and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and they are ready to eat.
Serving plates for your healthy desserts
To complement the quality of your healthy desserts, you need the ideal serving dishes.
In Monouso, our online shop, you will find a variety of plates and miniatures to serve your healthy desserts with the best presentation.
In the plates section you can choose the one that best suits you from different shapes, sizes and colours.
As for the plastic miniatures, you will find spoons, trays, cups, plates, tubs, bags and cones. The figures of these miniatures will give a unique look to the decoration of your healthy desserts.