¿Qué encontrarás en este artículo?
- 1 Choose the best table cloths
- 2 Tablecloth Sizes
- 3 Types of Disposable Table Cloths
- 4 Types of reusable table cloths
- 5 How to make sure your tablecloths are wrinkle-free
- 6 Presentation of the disposable tablecloths
- 7 Table linen accessories
Choose the best table cloths
Tablecloths help create the ambiance and level of service in your restaurant or event, while protecting and decorating the tables. Our wide selection of tablecloths and accessories makes it easy to create a dining area that meets your size, material, tone and budget requirements
Things to consider when buying table mats
Table mats have the power to make or break the image you’re trying to portray. From disposable paper tablecloths with different motifs to luxurious cloth tablecloths for your five-star venue, the options are as limitless as the venues they will be in. Here are some things you might want to consider:
✔️ The size and shape. The size of a tablecloth helps communicate the overall level of formality For casual events, a fall of 15-20 cm on each side is appropriate; however for formal events it is recommended that it be longer, about 38 cm.
✔️ Tone of the room or event. The table linen helps to create the atmosphere for a meal, whether it is joyful and festive, elegant and romantic; or serious and professional.
✔️ Material. Fabric tablecloths help create luxurious environments and are designed to withstand daily use, while disposable tablecloths are better for casual and generally one-time use events.
✔️ Color. White and ivory are often used in formal settings, while bright colors create dramatic and festive backgrounds when coordinated with other tabletop elements.
✔️ Cleaning requirements. Larger facilities with storage space and laundry equipment can accommodate reusable tablecloths, while moving services and casual events may prefer disposable tablecloths.
✔️ Price. With so many options available it is possible to find tablecloths that meet all your requirements, even if they fit your budget!
Not sure about the ideal size of tablecloth for your table?
First, you must be clear about the size of the table surface. Using a tape measure, measure the length and width (the height is not necessary, as they usually have the same). If you want to measure the surface of a round table, you will have to calculate the diameter.
Once you’ve done this, think about when you want to use the tablecloth:
- For daily service: it is recommended to add, from the edge of the table, between 15-20 cm to the sides to make the desired effect of fall
- Formal occasions (events, weddings, celebrations…): the tablecloth looks elegant if it has a lot of fall, so it is advisable to add about 38 cm to each side.
Types of Disposable Table Cloths
Disposable table linen reduces cleaning and table changing time in restaurants, banquet halls and catering events. Pre-set disposable mats are ideal for planning ahead, while paper rolls are a flexible option for different table sizes. In the short term, they are a cost-effective alternative to reusable table mats.
- Disposable paper tablecloth, which means time saving and great comfort.
- Different formats according to your needs: cut, in roll, waterproof or individual.
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- High quality and performance.
- Hygienic and functional, you will avoid wrinkles and stains that are difficult to remove.
- Possibility of personalization, combining the tablecloth with the napkin and the kitchenware.
Novotex non-woven tablecloths
- Tablecloth made of non-woven fabric, a material usually made of polypropylene and different models of resin that is similar to fabric in sight and touch.
- It helps protect the table from scratches, food temperature and humidity.
- It is not advisable to reuse them for hygiene reasons and because their cost is similar to that of washing. However, at Monouso we have the reusable placemat that offers greater guarantees of use for more than one service
- Made of high quality material
- Element that dresses the table for any occasion and in line with the decoration of the place.
- Also known as Tissue-dryThe non-woven fabric group includes the following
- This material is considered a natural substitute for tablecloths and cloth napkins
- Resistant, of great thickness and capacity to absorb the liquids
- Versatile, hygienic and high quality component
Types of reusable table cloths
The reusable tablecloths table tops offer a number of advantages over disposable options. In addition to ensuring you always have one on hand, reusable mats create less waste, save time and are often made from materials that convey a higher level of service and quality.
Recycled Cotton Stain-Resistant Tablecloths
- High quality reusable tablecloth
- Made of 100% recycled cotton with resin
- With waterproof “Day Drap” layers that are resistant to all types of stains
- Its anti-slip base allows it to be easily fixed on any surface. The cutlery will be better held
- Easy to clean, wash and iron. You do not need to use large amounts of water during washing, as its stain-repellent treatment prevents it from sticking to the mat
How to make sure your tablecloths are wrinkle-free
If you want your linen to remain smooth and wrinkle-free, follow these steps. The only tool you will need is a large tube, which measures at least the diameter or width of your largest tablecloth. A cardboard tube, a churro pool or a PVC tube.
- Wash all tablecloths.
- Iron the tablecloths on both sides.
- Arrange the tablecloths in a pile 2.5 cm or more from the edge of the previous tablecloth to prevent them from piling up.
- Wrap the mats around the tube, softening any folds as you go.
When you arrived at the store did you notice that the tablecloths had creases?
If you don’t have an iron but do have some free time, try this: place the tablecloths on the tables, spray with water and smooth out the folds with your hands. If left overnight, many tablecloths will crease in the morning.
Presentation of the disposable tablecloths
When choosing the disposable tablecloth you can purchase it as follows:
Waterproof paper tablecloths
Many disposable paper mats are waterproofed with a water-repellent polyethylene layer, while others have a mixture of fabric and polypropylene which offers greater absorption of spills.
Disposable table runners
Disposable table runners add a visual touch to tables. Use them to frame your presentation, or place them across the table as a single placemat for two people.
Tablecloths on a roll
The roll mats offer all the advantages of disposable table cloths with the added benefit of being able to be cut to any desired length.
Table linen accessories
Each element arranged on the table contributes to its overall appearance. Consider adding accessories such as paper napkins, tablecloth clips, placemats or table runners for an attractive presentation.
Paper Napkins and Airlaid Napkins
Napkins are one of the fastest ways to dress a table. Creatively folded napkins make a good impression on the guest, a prelude to a memorable meal. For more information see the table napkin guide
These clamps keep the tablecloths in place. They are often indispensable so as not to detract from the general presentation of a table.
Paper placemats are a quick way to add colour and texture to table arrangements. They also protect bare tables from extreme temperatures, stains and spills.
And after reading this guide we are intrigued… have you already decided on one? Which one reflects the personality of your business?