Foam foam is especially known for being one of the most widely used materials in different industries such as construction, kitchen and electronics, but also in the packaging industry.
This material stands out for its temperature insulating and protective properties, but also for the softness of its texture and its great resistance.
¿Qué encontrarás en este artículo?
- 1 Foam: what does it mean?
- 2 Foam foam: properties
- 3 Foam foam: what it is used for
- 4 What are the benefits of using foam?
Foam: what does it mean?
Foam is technically defined as any foam made mainly from polyethylene. It is a very versatile material made from closed-cell polyurethane foam. Thus, its structure is based on tiny bubbles with elasticity and water resistance.
This material is also characterized by its resistance to other petroleum derivatives or their solvents. Foam foam is increasingly used thanks to its lightness, and can be manufactured in different thicknesses and densities.
Foam foam: properties
This material has excellent properties:
This material can vary its characteristics according to the components with which it has been manufactured. In addition, it is capable of offering different types of foams and physical characteristics that make it useful for different activities.
Due to its versatility, it can be used in construction as well as in things as simple as a game.
This material is very resistant to certain external agents to which it has been exposed, including water, cold and high temperatures to a certain degree. It is also resistant to damage from oxidation and aging.
Foam foam is an excellent insulator of temperatures and is also very good at blocking sound.
Foam foam: what it is used for
As we have already explained to you, this material has different uses nowadays, among which we find:
- In construction: It is very useful as a thermal insulator and is also used as a filling material between walls, cracks and panels. In addition, due to its insulating characteristics, it is often used as an acoustic absorber.
- Furniture sector: It is used as the main filler in upholstery and in seats and sofas. In addition, it is also useful in roofing and packaging materials.
- Quilting sector: It is used as the main filling material for the different layers of mattresses.
- Automotive industry: It is used to provide greater comfort in automobiles. It is usually used in the interior of the vehicle as headrest, armrest, steering wheel and control panel. Also, various parts of the bodywork and as a padding element for acoustic insulation.
- Footwear industry: It is currently being used in the manufacture of soles and upper and synthetic components of footwear. As a resistant material, it provides footwear with comfort, durability, lightness, impermeability, protection and waterproofing.
- Food sector: Its use in containers and lids for coffees and juices is very popular. It is also used to make plates of different sizes and uses.
- As a base for paints: There are paints based on the active ingredient of foam foam, polyurethane. They are widely used in the marine industry to paint boats and ships, providing a finish similar to that of an automobile. This type of paint offers gloss, a solid and durable film and greater resistance to water and other chemicals.
- In the toy industry: It is used to manufacture toys, as well as protection material, especially in delicate parts.
What are the benefits of using foam?
Its properties provide a number of benefits, among them:
- It offers greater protection against vibrations and strong impacts and on delicate surfaces and objects.
- It can be manufactured in different densities and gauges.
- Some additives provide it with antistatic properties, which is essential for transporting electrical items.
- It is a very resistant material, especially to water and extreme temperatures.
- It is one of the lightest materials available and does not add additional weight.
- It is an excellent gap, crack and crevice filler .
What is foam and what is it used for?
It is a multipurpose material, very elastic and heat retaining. It is increasingly used in the culinary sector for its multiple benefits.
What are the properties of foam?
It is versatile, resistant and insulating.
What are the benefits of foam?
Foam offers greater protection against vibrations, has anti-static properties and is extremely light.
In what products can foam be found?
We can find it in foam rolls, pool cylinders and thermal cups and plates.